supplies:o surfaces: cardstock
o dies: Tim Holtz sizzix celebrate 660211, Tim Holtz sizzix celebrate 660223, Tim Holtz sizzix Ticket Strip 656620, crafters companion diesire happy birthday cupcake wrapper
o Tim Holtz layering stencil: THS003 rays
o stamp: Tim Holtz THJ009 saying stuff, fiskars dates, stampology ticketed
o embellishments: fussy cut pictures, punched flowers
o Tim Holtz’s distress ink: mermaid lagoon, dusty concord, mustard seed, worn lipstick
o ink spray: dylusions crushed grape, tsukineko sheer shimmer spritz
o ink pads: reflections pool chalk ink pad
o tools: waterbrush/flat, mini ink blending tool, palette knife (or plastic knife), scoreboard, bone folder, paint brush, tonic shears, ruler, heat tool, magnetic platform, big shot machine
o adhesives: multi-medium/matte, scotch quick-dry adhesive, double sided tap
o misc: texture paste, removable tape
- Cut a piece of heavy cardstock (or use a tag) to the desired size. Arrange the thinlet dies making sure they do not overlap or hang off the edge of the paper/tag. Use removable tape (I used washi tape) to hold the dies in place and die cut the paper/tag.
- Select or make a background paper (or second tag) that will show through your die cut paper/tag.
- Using multi-medium, adhere the die cut paper/tag to the background paper/tag and let it dry.
- Apply another thin layer of multi-medium over the whole tag and let it dry to seal everything.
- Decorate your cover paper/tag using a blending tool and distress ink. I used mermaid lagoon, dusty concord, mustard seed and worn lipstick.
- Place the stencil over your paper/tag and apply texture paste with a palette knife. Remove the stencil from your paper/tag and let it dry (Clean the stencil with water before the texture paste dries on the stencil).
- Use distress ink to add color to the dried texture paste rays and stamp words on the texture rays with permanent ink.
- Spritz the paper/tag with dylusions ink spray and sheer shimmer.
- The tickets across the top were die cut from vellum, stamped and adhered with double-side tape. Add your embellishments.
- I started the inside of the card by die cutting a cupcake wrapper. Fold it in half with the right sides together then fold the ends (right side out) back to the center fold so it is in a quarter. Punch three different size flowers and a circle. Spritz all pieces with sheer shimmer. Cut a slit in the middle of the smallest flower. Trim the ends of the cupcake holder so there is a tab that will fit into the slit in the flower. Put the tab through the slit in the flower and glue the tab to the back of flower. Adhere the remaining flowers to the back of the smallest flower and add the circle to the front.
- My card is an 8 ½” x 11” cardstock folded in half. I placed double sided tape to the back of the flowers, folded the cupcake holder and placed it in the upper corner of the card. With the cupcake holder folded, close the card to adhere the other flower to the card.