Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Simon Says Make it Colorful Shoe

What a fun week with Simon Says Stamp Make it Colorful Wednesday Challenge I like making paper shoes and this time I made then colorful and added a treat bag.
 

supplies:
  • surfaces: cardstock, glossy photo paper
  • dies: sizzix alphanumeric 660056, spellbinders elegant ovals s4-425, sizzix banners and pennants 660329
  • embellishments: organza favor bag, idea-ology paper sting, mini brads, bamboo skewer
  • distress ink: broken china
  • alcohol inks: caramel, stream, and more
  • distress paint: brushed pewter, broken china, wild honey, forest moss
  • distress spray stain: brushed pewter
  • metallic mixatives: pearl, silver
  • patina: verdigris, rust, moss, jade
  • distress stain: tumble glass, antique bronze, bundled sage
  • ink: colorbox yellow permanent ink, dylusions vibrant turquoise ink spray
  • tools: mini ink blending tool, scoreboard, bone folder, tonic shears, ruler, heat tool, magnetic platform, big shot machine, paint brush
  • adhesives: scotch quick-dry adhesive, double sided tap
  • misc: alcohol blending solution, styrofoam, removable tape, tooth picks

I used glossy photo paper and numerous inks on this shoe! I was experimenting with the alcohol inks and was looking different colors, grabbed ink bottles and started going to town. I started throwing them on the mat and swiping my paper across the beautiful colors. Hum, what's going on, these aren’t mixing the same but I continued on. Beautiful color but thick…then I looked at the bottles. It was patina (ha ha).  I guess you can use patina on glossy photo paper (and stains)!?!  I did get a different color for the shoe lining though! Guess I was really in the mood to make it colorful! This shoe is made with the glossy photo paper and the heel was made by layering and cutting Styrofoam.

 
The banners on the treat bag are strung on painted paper string paper.  I attached them to the favor bag by wrapping the string around a brad.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I've never seen this before - amazing project! Love the treat bag you created especially for the challenge too - you are such a sweetie!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete